The base is situated on one edge of the giant red "blood stain". In Eva 1.0, the base has a highly unfinished appearance, and is referred to as a "Provisional Excavation Base" although precisely what was being excavated has not been revealed.
Tabgha Base was responsible for the construction of Evangelion Mark.06. Kaworu Nagisa was also stationed here until his deployment at the end of Evangelion 2.0. Mark.06's Spear is shown in wrappings in the process of relocation when Gendo and Fuyutsuki visit the base.
At the end of Evangelion 1.0, Kaworu emerges from one of nine visible coffin-like objects placed in front of Eva-06, with four to one side of him having already been opened, and the other four still closed. They are not seen in either Evangelion 2.0 or Evangelion 3.0 and nothing further has been revealed about them. The storyboards for the scene describe them as "coffins of Kaworu" - although the (somewhat ambiguous) description does not provide adequate explanation as to their purpose or their contents.
- Real-life Tabgha (from Heptapagon, "seven springs") is a valley near the Sea of Galilee in northern Israel. (Tabgha Base is the seventh branch of Nerv.) It is considered to be where Jesus Christ reassembled the disciples, and where Peter was reinstated after denying Jesus three times. The miracle of multiplication performed by Jesus Christ in the New Testament, whereby he fed 5000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish, occurred here according to some traditions.
- In one of many references to Stanley Kubrick's film 2001: A Space Odyssey, the pit in which Eva-06 is being excavated and/or constructed looks very similar to the TMA-1 monolith excavation site on the moon. Similarly, the spacecraft used by Gendo and Fuyutski to spy on the proceedings draws design elements from both the lunar shuttle and moon rocket bus, and the denial of landing rights to their spacecraft references a conversation between Dr. Floyd and Russian scientists during the same movie.
- Explanation of Evangelion 1.01
- Church & Israfel Forum. Tabgha - The Old Fishing Hole. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Jesus' Life and Times. Tabgha. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
|Seele | Gehirn | United Nations | IPEA | JSSDF | Wille|
|Special Agency Nerv:|
|Nerv Headquarters | Nerv 1st Branch | Nerv 2nd Branch | Nerv 3rd Branch|
|Nerv 7th Branch (Tabgha Base) | Bethany Base | Golgotha Base|
This article bears the unpleasant designation of "Stub." This is a Bad Thing. Provide a great service to NGE fan-geeks everywhere by making it awesomer!