Compilations of various information, oftentimes informal and overly pedantic. They should be put into the category "Guides."
The Geektionary is one of the absurd wonders of the Old Site. Currently in the process of being relocated and tweaked.
An examination of references/homages/"ripoffs"/influences. One page will be devoted to the ones NGE makes to other things. One will be devoted to the ones other things make to NGE. One will serve as a "hub" to link the two. The matter needs to be discussed further; check out the forum thread. Or if you don't want to bother, just go ahead and make pages. No one will stop you.
Work in progress here:
- Gainax: Evangelion References and Cross References
- Tributes to Other Shows in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Tributes to Neon Genesis Evangelion in other Anime and Manga
- Similarities to Neon Genesis Evangelion in other Anime and Manga (unconfirmed, unlikely or just totally random!)
- Tributes to Neon Genesis Evangelion in other Media
Exact handling unknown. Requires experimentation. Take some initiative and start a page up if you feel vewy bwave.
Pages that compare different versions of Eva
Compare and contrast, basically. In the end, these would aim to have screenshots for EVERYthing (or sound clips, as the case may be), cut numbers, the whole 9000 meters. The format Reichu experimented with way back looked like this, so maybe we can keep that. Maybe we can find something even better.
Since comparing different versions of various things is intrinsically straightforward, the writeups describing the differences might be equally straightforward -- i.e., no smart-ass commentary, as we might have in some of the other guides. As least, no "commentary" for the time being. Just get these pages into their Final Form (or the next best thing) first.
Some of the things we'll be needing (if they haven't been tackled yet):
- Guides:TV Series vs. Death: Contrasts cuts from the TV series with their redone-from-scratch Death counterparts. (This does not include cuts in Death that appeared in the DC episodes afterwards.)
- Guides:Rebirth vs. Episode 25': What it says.
- Guides:Episode 21 OA vs. DC: What it says. Acronyms used to make the link less annoying to type.
- Guides:Episode 22 OA vs. DC: What it says.
- Guides:Episode 23 OA vs. DC: What it says.
- Guides:Episode 24 OA vs. DC: What it says.
- Guides:Original Release vs. Renewal: Essentially, looking at whatever changes Renewal made to the show as it was originally released to video. (For all intents and purposes, assume that "released to video" includes both OA and DC versions of 21 through 24.)
- Guides:Neon Genesis Evangelion vs. Evangelion 1.0: Fun with crappy trailer stills.
- Guides:Other Revision History: For the stuff we don't have much information about, like how the non-DC episodes were revised from the televised versions when initially released to video, how the "Genesis" release of EoE differs from the theatrical version, and how the first two versions of Death are different from Death(True)^2.
Since most of you will not know the cut numbers, or necessarily be able to provide even provisional screenies, doing everything through time references (e.g., referencing a cut by 02:25 instead of C012) and textual descriptions to start with is fine too.