Hello! Been a fan for many years.
A little something, but since you've been so active in the one week you've been here...I should say the first truly active user in a long, LONG time, I gave you the right to create your own userpage. Hope the permissions still work the way they used to. Thanks for the recent work - I admit it's a pleasant surprise to see someone hard at work on the wiki after such a long dormant period! --UrsusArctos (talk) 02:40, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! But really, it's thanks to Reichu giving me ideas on the EGF Discord.: FelipeFritschF (talk) 20:42, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
Saw your note and decided to make you a TheoryAdmin because I can't figure out what else might help. By rights, you should already be able to edit the page. That you're not is because something in the wiki code is still horribly messed up, and I'm not sure what that is.
- Got your message, and feel free to take your time with that page! I'll take a look at it if I'm free. Regarding wikia, there appear to be several pages that they've copied that don't acknowledge us, mostly the older episode pages, although there are many others that do so under the CC-BY-SA guidelines. I thought that adding the templates on those pages and granting our wiki credit where credit is due might be a good thing prior to 3.0 + 1.0, because I was under the impression that our wiki was losing pageviews to the wikia one. If that's not the case, perhaps it doesn't actually matter. Since I never signed up for the Evangelion wikia, I'm in a poor position to compare its popularity with our wiki. --UrsusArctos (talk) 01:40, 29 June 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry for not replying in a while, I'm here fairly erratically these days. To answer your question, there are episode pages, such as this one for example - https://evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/Episode:24 - that blatantly use Evawiki material without attribution and pretty much rip off everything including the notes and trivia. While I do see that some episode pages such as their episode 16 page have attribution, most of them don't. --UrsusArctos (talk) 05:49, 8 July 2020 (UTC)
Admin and Bureaucrat permissions
Hi Felipe, I've decided to give you Admin and Bureaucrat permissions for the wiki since you've been on recently and seem to be at work on several things, and I think you might need these to clear up the mess that our wiki is in presently. I hope you find these useful, and I'm glad you're continuing to be at work while most of us are away --UrsusArctos (talk) 21:25, 16 August 2020 (UTC)
No need to add that to pages that don't have references. It's pointless on the Warships page, for instance, because I haven't added that sort of referencing to the page. --UrsusArctos (talk) 06:21, 7 December 2020 (UTC)
- Never mind, I'm an idiot. I forgot I added that! Don't know what I was thinking at the time, it's probably better off without it. --UrsusArctos (talk) 06:39, 7 December 2020 (UTC)
Felipe, please don't make extra pages for the Shin Eva characters just yet, those are open spoilers! Please put the Shin Eva characters in the Rebuild minor characters spoiler section. That way, anyone who wants to read the wiki without being spoiled can do so in peace. --UrsusArctos (talk) 11:42, 12 March 2021 (UTC)
- Yes, that's good. Please keep putting those spoiler tags wherever you're adding 3.0 + 1.0 information! --UrsusArctos (talk) 21:57, 12 March 2021 (UTC)
- I've moved the spoiler sections for both Mari's article and Hikari's down to the bottom of the page. Tell me if this works at keeping the spoilers out of sight for those seeking for them, or if those should be moved back to their regular place. It occurs to me that Mari's spoiler section, in particular, was in the middle of a lot of other data about her character. --UrsusArctos (talk) 16:39, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- I actually think it has the reverse effect. The spoiler tag is big enough to make people who wish to avoid it turn their eyes away. When you put the page down below, anyone that just scrolls to to the bottom on instinct is bound to end up reading it, accidentally or not. What's at the beginning and at the end of any given text is what usually gets the most attention. However, I think you have the right idea with separating it into a subsection to make it clearer, so I'll do a hybrid approach: I'll put it in the middle, with tags, but also separate it with a subsection. It creates a buffer zone of sorts. I'm kinda unsure how to go about some character articles, mostly Rei and Shinji as those are rather beefy (naturally). Even worse though is the fact that they haven't received much focus on camrips or discussion so we can't be too sure. I think I'll end up making a relatively short description and significantly expand it with time.FelipeFritschF (talk) 23:26, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
No Asushin shipping on the wiki
Incidentally, I've had to admin-protect the Asuka, Shinji and Shin Eva article on the wiki because you took far too much of a liberty with the Asuka-Shinji meeting and beach scene and interpreted it from the Asuka-Shinji shipping point of view. Keep shipping off the wiki! --UrsusArctos (talk) 15:57, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
- Yo, okay, but I think you're being too dismissive too, if anything I think she is using the bento to put it into context instead of it being the sole reason, so I'd rather not mention that. I do think Asuka should be mentioned to be blushing though, it's pretty significant. I assume the Khara sub will end up using "love", but I understand the wording goes either way. Perhaps you might want to make it "liked/loved", but I think repeating "past tense" is excessive. Like, the point isn't that she doesn't care about him anymore, but rather that she got over it, and had to, for the obvious reasons.