- 1 Redirects versus Deletions
- 2 2008 and earlier
- 2.1 Organizations, Caps, 'n' stuff
- 2.2 Yui-sama
- 2.3 Room of Guf/Evangelion souls
- 2.4 Kudos
- 2.5 Your citation format
- 2.6 Name of site
- 2.7 "Rebuild Kaworu"
- 2.8 Rebuild information, rumors, and outright lies
- 2.9 On Angel Psychology
- 2.10 Dialogue additions?
- 2.11 MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!
- 2.12 Capitalizing within parenthesis
- 2.13 Added extra permissions
- 2.14 Forum Down
Redirects versus Deletions
Attempting to figure out how to implement redirects in place of deletions for certain pages. (Pretty sure I checked that "Boot camp" section or another part of the weekee and I'm still lost.) Halp please when you have a moment. --Sailor Star Dust 23:08, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- I'll look at the terrible mess that's the boot camp page later, but basically you include nothing more than #REDIRECT:[[Blah]], with "Blah" being the page you want to redirect to. I didn't know how to do this for a while, either, so I was URL-hacking the names of redirect pages every time I had to make a new one and copy-pasting the code. XD
- The general rule should be to use a redirect when you're moving content. --Reichu 23:17, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
2008 and earlier
Organizations, Caps, 'n' stuff
I was going to set out Standards and Conventions but I thought if I just posted it I'd look like I was charging in going "this is the way it is 'cause I said so" when in fact the final decision for all things rests in you. First big question is: why should NERV, GEHIRN, and SEELE not be spelled in all-caps? They are universally spelled with all-caps in the series, not just logos and crud but in actual printouts and stuff. I don't really particularly mind one way or the other, ultimately, but why is it going to be "Nerv" and why not "NERV"? (yeah, big difference ^_^). More importantly, why are you adamant that it is "Spear of Longinus" over "Lance of Longinus"? The original Japanese can go either way, as is my understanding. On top of this, from all of my studies as a medieval europe guy about the Crusades and stuff, every source I've ever read calls it "the Lance of Longinus", or "the Holy Lance", and occasionally "Spear of Destiny" is used. My pride as a student of the Crusades is on the line here: it's really always spelled in theological stuff as "the Lance of Longinus" (and although ultimately ADV Film's dub doesn't count for anything, "Lance of Longinus" is also what they used). Finally....Reichu, I believe you are forgetting that "Lance of Longinus" is alliterative, and thus sounds really frelling cool. Btw, are the terms "Black Moon" and "Black Egg" interchangeable? I'm fuzzy on that. Thanks. ^_^ --V 11:49, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Organizations: I forget exactly why (or, at least, explaining it is too much work). It's something we decided on back when we first got started. (Caps or not is a "big difference" if it keeps on going back and forth constantly; there needs to be consistency within the site.)
- Spear of Longinus: Because that's what a computer display in EoE says it is. This isn't the sacred relic; NGE can do whatever it wants.
- Black Whatever: "Black Egg" is never used in the show. "Lilith's Egg", however... --Reichu 11:59, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Black Moon: Righty, it's always "Black Moon" not "Black Egg", though it is called "Lilith's Egg", etc. etc. Righty.
- Spear of Longinus: Oh okay, if it appears directly on screen then its pretty solid proof (you should get a screencap image of that computer display to put on the Spear of Longinus article later). Okay, sorry, I've only seen End of Eva once and I got to pause it to see the display. I'll start reverting all of the "Lance of Longinus" reverences into "Spear of Lonignus" at once.
- Organizations: Reichu if you "forget exactly why" I think you should re-establish why that is, with an official explanation which can be inserted into the bottom of the "Nerv" article (i.e. "Note: it's always spelled "NERV" on screen but EvaWiki writes it as "Nerv" because..."). Frankly, "Reichu thinks that lowercase "Nerv" looks cooler" is a damned good enough reason as it is, you just need to expound upon why exactly, or just "officially" say "I like it better that way". --V 15:56, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
Do you consider "Yui-sama", that is Yui-in-Eva01, a distinct character from "Yui Ikari" in terms of "which character I like more? ^_^ --V 16:00, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- There Is Only One Yui-sama. --Reichu 21:22, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
Room of Guf/Evangelion souls
Hey, if the physical representation of the Room of Guf is the "Black Core" seen on Adam and inside Eva 01's core, what in the world does it mean for the souls of Evangelions? I don't have End of Evangelion, but I recall Old Man Kiel and his Seele minions chanting something about using the incomplete soul of Evangelion 01's pilot to complete instrumentality. Yui, not Shinji, is the one who rises to divinity.
I'm starting to wonder if a soul really is necessary after all- Rei moves the right arm on her simulation body before it is connected to Eva 00, and Shinji synchs with Eva 02 when prying open Gaghiel's mouth. We know nothing of the soul in Eva 03 and the mass production Evas, and technically they could've found just about anybody in the class, and not just Toji, to pilot Eva 03.
There's a lot more I have in mind that makes me wonder; do the Evas actually have souls inside them for synchronization with the pilots, or are the souls meant just to generate an A.T. Field when needed and then be used for the second purpose of the Evas- as a part of Third Impact, to evolve humanity? I've read through a number of discussions, but this is something I'm not very convinced about. (All the same, I'll watch episodes 13 and 23 again, but I'd like to discuss this)- UrsusArctos
Ed: I just remembered the part about cores being reconfigured and personal data patterns, and I don't have any idea what the hell they're talking about. Not to mention, Eva 01 has two small cores as well as the central biggie that I don't recall seeing elsewhere... (Whacks self over head: Must remember to sign name) --UrsusArctos 11:56, 5 August 2007 (EDT)
- "Rei moves the right arm on her simulation body before it is connected to Eva 00" I rewatched the scene and they really didn't do a good job of explaining how the simulation bodies work. However, the "soul inside Eva 03 is probably Toji's mother" theory sits well with me. Right now I'm focusing on just getting the solid stuff up here, though, and we'll get esoteric stuff up later...--V 12:47, 5 August 2007 (EDT)
- hay guys wats goin on in my talk page lol?
- I don't consider my personal talk page the best place for discussing the madness within NGE (or website policy, or whatever). Aren't there other places for that? --Reichu 23:27, 7 August 2007 (EDT)
- Huh? Most of it's not mine. I cleaned up all but the last "biography" paragraph, but that's it. --Reichu 13:57, 11 August 2007 (EDT)
Your citation format
Reichu you need to cite stuff by saying "Episode 17" not "". Just using the number is confusing (I would settle on like "e17" though i wouldn't do that myself). But please, it makes me really nervous and scared when you use brackets. Links use brackets and they're a hotkey. Use paretheneses and stuff like: (Episode 17), that's what most other stuff I've been working on does. --V 22:40, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- I can use parentheses instead, although episode citations definitely require an abbreviated form that is consistently used. Writing "Episode" out constantly is utterly impractical and distracting. --Reichu 22:53, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- Going over this on Standards and Conventions. --V 09:49, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
Name of site
There are two "thingys": "the greater overall Eva Commentary", and a subfraction of this, "an online Evangelion encyclopedia (plus episode guide) which uses wiki-code". You were taking names for these for a while. The organization might be representated as:
- Overall Eva Commentary
- The Evangelion Encyclopedia
- Frame by frame "Fan Geek Commentary" of each shot of every episode in the series
I am working on and an Admin of "The Eva Encyclopedia...thingy". Being an Admin on that (when I appoint others below us) will not translate into being an Admin on the "overall Eva Commentary"
Well, actually, I can debate what the interelations are later, but re: "Evapedia:Main" will soon be the "Main Page" for *my* specific field...or something.....well, what is CURRENTLY the "official" name of the "overall megasite" and what is the name of the encyclopedia? And are these names finalized? What was your decision? Is it set yet?--V 19:01, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- If you technically just signed up to be in charge of the "encyclopedic portion", then Evapedia-Main is your home base. (There will be bleedover into tier-1 Theory & Analysis articles, as well.) It's Evapedia (for lack of anything better) unless you or whomever else has a problem with it.
- The site's name (as it currently stands) is The NGE Fan-Geeks Project. --Reichu 19:09, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- I hadn't seen this before: "I have to go through this removing reference to "EvaWiki" and using..."Evapedia"? Reichu please help; what was your decision?": -- Well, that depends. How does "Evapedia" sound to you?--Reichu" ------>Well I do intend to be a part of and help out on the "overall site", but I'm humbling myself and openly saying "running the encyclopedia part doesn't translate into any special user rights for myself on the overall site: on the encyclopedia I'm an Admin, on the Commentary, I'm just some guy who saw Eva on Adult Swim"........ok so the "greater EvaCommentary megasite" is the "NGE Fan-Geeks Project"....er, as EvaMonkey brought up before, you need to find a shorter or rememberable shortening of this to use as a domain name (i.e. just as LOTR had "TheOneRing", which was easy to remember, you might want "EvangelionFGP" or something). I don't know, that's your department.--->In any case, simply "Evapedia" is great (none of that "wiki" crap);--->only question though: "Evapedia" or "EvaPedia"? Which do you like more? Your call. --V 20:11, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- You deleted your joke... --Reichu 01:34, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- Ohaiyo Gozaimasu. Wie finden Sie dass Ramiel-Kaworu theory- that is, how d'ya find that Ramiel-Kaworu theory? Worthy of inclusion? And you still haven't approved of the Eva pages...can you do so if you have time after the comparision guide is finished? Vielen Dank! ^_^ --UrsusArctos 16:58, 21 January 2008 (PST)
Rebuild information, rumors, and outright lies
How do I know what to write up for the Rebuild information now that the rumors have come through? And what if....it's actually set in the same continuity?! Or at least, in the sense that End of Eva is; if they give us the whole "the original series actually happened, history is repeating itself though slightly differently" thing. --V 21:47, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
- We should stick to the "separate continuity" policy until the entire thing comes out (pending something "really outstanding"). Ambiguities in the first installment and resultant rumors are one thing; actually seeing all of the films, having access to real information, and debating everything to death in Internet fora is another. --Reichu 18:42, 2 September 2007 (EDT)
On Angel Psychology
What do we do? Do we add psychology sections to the whole lot of them, or only to the Angels that strike a chord with the audience? Or do we dump the whole idea?--UrsusArctos 17:28, 16 December 2007 (PST)
- We provide whatever is available, if there are any actual observations to make. One would be hard-put to say much about some of them, to the point that a section would be completely pointless. Others, there is lots to say. --Reichu 18:06, 16 December 2007 (PST)
- As I already said UrsosArctos, it wasn't meant to be a section on every Angel. Armisael, Zeruel, and maybe Sachiel, but I want to remove the Ramiel and Sachiel ones because they're redundant. --V 05:05, 17 December 2007 (PST)
What dialogues were added on to the (non-DC) episodes? Do you have any other examples you could remember? --UrsusArctos 08:15, 30 December 2007 (PST)
- Well I always thought it was just dialogue "added back" - the idea is that the original script had like Maya and Aoba spouting off ALOT more "background techie chatter" (which is actually quite interesting) which was then cut for the intial run of the show because it was "too complicated" to have that much dialogue about science stuff. It's soft and in the background and hard to hear anyway. Well, for the Renewal DVD's, they added this dialogue (but it was FROM the original script so its 100% canon and fits very well)...but they didn't add them into the English Platinum DVD dub. Leaving us English fans to translate the Moon-runes ourselves, an agonizingly slow process. But I was unaware of new dialogue added; some scenes from the non-DC episodes were "retouched" with animation (i.e. Rei in the Entry Plug in Episode 06 was so sloppy they felt compelled to go back and redo it) but to my knowledge they didn't add new dialogue that wasn't in the original script. --V 09:13, 30 December 2007 (PST)
- At Ursus, there is a "healthy amount" of 5.1 Supplemental Dialogue (a good percentage of which is technical, of course), but translating it and getting it online would take a while...
- V, the Episode 06 animation you're thinking of is Death-exclusive.
- I'll try to write something explaining the 5.1 Supplemental Dialogue later, since it's come up. --Reichu 09:54, 30 December 2007 (PST)
Es ist Fertig. Das Theories about Rebuild section ist fur alles krackpot theories. Sehr gut, na? ^_^
Oder...do you want me to delete the whole stupid thing anyway? :-( --UrsusArctos 19:28, 21 January 2008 (PST)
Capitalizing within parenthesis
Thanks for the headsup, I'll try to avoid this as far as I can now that you've mentioned it. Let me know if anything else comes off as odd or grammatically incorrect to you. --UrsusArctos 09:23, 2 May 2009 (PDT)
Added extra permissions
I saw your complaint about not being able to move pages and added a bunch of user permissions related to the T&A and Resources namespaces. Let me know in the forum thread or over here if you still can't move them. --UrsusArctos (talk) 11:22, 20 July 2019 (UTC)
Does anyone have any idea why the forum is down? --thewayneiac 9:58 , Nov. 15, 2019