This page is an abomination of nature and must be punished. Some thoughts:
- Because of Webuild, some Nerv branches now have their own pages. Inevitably, then, the first three branches and maybe Matsushiro must have their own pages too.
- Too much of the write-up here is specifically referencing Nerv HQ, not Nerv as an international organization. Nerv HQ obviously provides valuable information for how Nerv operates around the world, but if we're going to talk about Nerv HQ specifically, it has its own page... I'm thinking mostly of all that rank stuff; it's a giant mess.
- More subheadings where appropriate.
- Notes need to be integrated into the main text (here or on split-out branch pages) or put into proper footnote format.
- We need citations to things, even if it's just episodes. (See what I do here?)
- Needs Webuild stuff.
- What a lifeless, picture-less landscape this is!
--Reichu 03:32, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
- Heh, I love it. Most of the notes here were exact duplicates of the notes in the Nerv Headquarters article. Anyways, the notes section is no more. I'll tackle the Nerv branches split next. --thewayneiac 2:22 PM EDT. Feb. 28, 2011
There's so little information available on the other branches, they should just be subsections of the main Nerv Article: First Branch, Second Branch, Third Branch. Most of the information would be about Nerv HQ, of course. --Reichu 15:03, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
- Well if you think so, okay. I'll get onto merging them. --V 16:04, 31 July 2007 (EDT)
Contrary to what I originally said, I think it might be worth considering splitting the various Nerv branches to their own individual pages, even if some of the resultant articles are short. I've made a preliminary Organizations template to facilitate this- Template:Org_List. --Reichu 03:08, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
I really don't think mentioning the stuff about capital letters is necessary. If you mention that here, you've established a precedent for taking note of every single English word NGE uses and typically writes in all caps (which is most of them). Can you imagine on the Adam page, "Even though Adam is written in all caps in that all-English document Misato is looking at in #25', it is apparently not an acronym"? I don't think I have once seen "Eva" NOT written as "EVA" in a single Japanese item, either. I say axe this (and similar entries on the other organization pages). --Reichu 20:43, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
- You make a valid point, however I think that in terms of "educating people entirely new to the show", we should point out "there is no real reason why they keep spelling it in all caps like that, don't start making up acronyms about it".--V 20:46, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
There's enough to say about Nerv Headquarters that it should get a dedicated article. --Reichu 16:47, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
- already done. --V 17:11, 22 August 2007 (EDT)
The command/rank structure, I think, might be a combination of army and naval ranks; higher command posts (i.e. Commander, Vice-Commander) were more naval, but ranks below that are derivative from army ranks.
I also wonder if the production staff also followed the GSDF pattern: http://uniforminsignia.org/?option=com_insigniasearch&Itemid=53&result=876 ---soul.assassin 03:51, 4 November 2010 (UTC)