Arael's core is free-floating? I had the impression that there were two tiny wings holding it in place. And does anyone have an image of Leliel's core? I haven't seen it in the shadow.--UrsusArctos 23:01, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- Arael's core. You can see it in the episode itself, but it's a bit more difficult. (You can BARELY make out a red halo.)
- Leliel? Well, okay, I probably should have phrased things a bit more theoretically -- but that's what edits are for. Anyhow, once I saw something red and cracking with this glow beneath it, my mind made an instant connection. --Reichu 23:31, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- "uniformily serves as a container for the soul" ...er, source for this or speculation?--V 20:12, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- The CI talks about how they put they put mommy-souls in Eva cores, and everything lines up with the soul-core connection.
- Angels die when you trash their cores for a reason, after all. --Reichu 20:18, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- Oh I see....yeah what with the A.T. Field being a "soul-based techology" etc.--V 10:34, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- I "softened" it for the time being for my own sense of ease. An elaboratory note can come later (unless someone beats me to it)... --Reichu 12:33, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
S² located inside core
I believe this detail needs to be elaborated more. Should it be done here or in a relevant common misconception article? --Dr. Nick 09:45, 18 December 2007 (PST)
- It is sometimes hinted that the core has the S2, at other times it just isn't clear. It's a maddening mess, with some guys saying yes, and the others saying no. Some of the Angels don't even seem to have a core- what if not all Angels have one? This is pretty convoluted territory we're entering. --UrsusArctos 16:26, 18 December 2007 (PST)
- We decided that the S2 Organ is in the Core. Every Angel has a Core, they're just not always visible. --V 18:23, 18 December 2007 (PST)
- Oh, I give up!!! Blaaaaargag! --UrsusArctos 18:31, 18 December 2007 (PST)
- At some point I was going to add those commonly-cited items indicating the location of the S2, unless someone else wants to get started for it. The relevant forum posts can probably be found easily enough. --Reichu 12:42, 24 December 2007 (PST)
- That makes sense. This is like the Soul in Evangelion Unit-00, only with much less evidence and more conjecture. --UrsusArctos 16:35, 24 December 2007 (PST)
- "Less evidence and more conjecture"? The core thing is terribly straight-forward. --Reichu 13:29, 29 December 2007 (PST)
- Fine enough, but shall we weasel it a little? If it's been confirmed in Chronicle, or by a staff member, that the S2 is in the core, this discussion is dead and useless. Till then, no matter how certain we are about it, we can't say "YES!" one hundred percent until it gets confirmed, can we?--UrsusArctos 14:43, 29 December 2007 (PST)
- Eva-01's head is shoved in Zeruel's core while Ritsuko babbles about "S2 Engine", and they ADDED dialogue to episode 05 about an "S2 Block" and an energy division coming from Germany to see Shamshel's core. (Among other things.) "Terribly straightforward", and a somewhat odd item to become fixated on...
- That said, I recall seeing some bits in Chronicle that would probably "make you shut up", though I don't know how long it would take, or if I'd even be able to get a tidy translation. "Isn't there anything better I could be doing?" --Reichu 20:46, 29 December 2007 (PST)
- Dialogue was added to Episode 05? I thought only the Director's Cuts were added back? Or do you mean the "background techie chatter" which was actually in the original script?--V 07:27, 30 December 2007 (PST)
- Is that so? Well, fine. FYI, I amn't that fixated on this one issue. I'd prefer to get it clear first. However, if it is in Chronicle, I'm not questioning it. And what is this about the S2 block and the energy division coming to see the core? And Shamshel's S2 is responsible for what happened to Eva-04, correct?
- "Dialogue was added to Episode 05?" - Yes, techno chatter. You'll find what you seek here. Shamshel's S2 went towards Eva-04 one way or another; did you get the script package that's "hidden" in the news on the old site?
- Regarding Chronicle, I have vague memories of seeing things that might be relevant, but a lot of it ends up being much less interesting once I look the Moon Runes up...... --Reichu 11:36, 30 December 2007 (PST)