User talk:The wayneiac
Hey, Wayne. You need an actual user page or something. ;;> --Reichu 15:09, 11 August 2007 (EDT)
Ok, I'll look up the instructions for how to set one up. --thewayneiac Aug. 11, 2007 17:34 EDT.
I made "Fan Service" as an exercise for the wiki-noobs we have recruited. They weren't sure what to do so I started them off with the first two. I wasn't originally going to have something like that, but I wanted to start them off on something easy and fun; it's just practice for them. Please don't add more stuff to it, it's for them to learn how to do stuff ^_^ --V 09:39, 27 July 2007 (EDT)
- I removed the "Fan Service" link so that it would stop showing up in the "wanted pages" special page --Ornette 01:14, 6 January 2009 (PST)
I'm tinkering around with what's TOO big (to the point that it looks like a stolen hi-res image) for a wiki, but 8kb is a bit on the wee side. Something in the 15 kb range at least would be better. I will get back to you on this. --V 11:38, 8 August 2007 (EDT)
- Okay, my running rule of thumb now is that "hero shot" images, that is, those used in the profile box of Angels, Evas, and characters, should be about 30 KB. Other shots used throughout an article should probably be a big smaller than that. --V 11:46, 9 August 2007 (EDT)
Episode guide cleanup
I will be working on this later tonight. Please do not proceed beyond what you've already done to episodes 1 and 2 yet. I'm sorry, did not anticipate college friends coming over and having to play with them; ate up time. --V 13:35, 11 August 2007 (EDT)
Khaaaaaak! Wayne! What gives with the episode templates? I'll have to go through the whole stupid process of correcting the mess all over again! --UrsusArctos 22:47, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
Never mind, I'll get to the fixing myself... --UrsusArctos 23:26, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
- My "semi-vacation" lasted longer than I thought it would, but I still think we can get Evapedia fuly operational by September 1st (I enjoy pushing myself).
- I'm going to start appointing Administrators soon (below the Bureaucrats (Reichu, OMF, myself) but above the regular users) and you're at the top of the list (years of work on the original EvaCommentary, overall impressive Evaknowledge, work done here, etc. etc. --V 22:41, 25 August 2007 (EDT)
OK, sounds good to me. --thewayneiac Aug. 25, 2007 22:48 EDT.
Hey you're back
Dude, its good to see you back. I was worried.--V 18:34, 28 January 2008 (PST)
- Great spotting Ritsuko's hair color! Amazing find.--UrsusArctos 18:42, 28 January 2008 (PST)
I was just re-charging my batteries. The Ritsuko's hair thing has actually been around for awhile; it was surprising that it had been omitted here. --thewayneiac 22:49 Jan 28, 2008 (EST)
- I has a discussion with Reichu in the forums: last time I was too heavy-handed pushing that "this obviously can't be a hint" on the "Talk" page. From now on we're going to discuss stuff like that in the forum and then move it back here so everyone can work out an agreement. Right now though, Reichu's suggestion was to just put it back in as you wrote it, and then just leave a note that "it doesn't point this out in the production notes, so its not clear if its supposed to be an intentional hint or just an animation error, but it could be". I think that works out. Please check over for any mistakes I may make. --V 08:11, 29 January 2008 (PST)
We always had a hard time using the image boxes thing and I thought we were actually just going to stop using them altogether; there's still in one or two articles simply because it will require a future major overhaul to replace everything. But I'd suggest just using thumbnailed images as normal in "Rei and the Moon", and doing away with the image boxes (they're more trouble than they are worth, IMHO) --V 09:28, 10 February 2008 (PST)
- The "Reiwakey" images three, four and five have had their colors totally washed out by the resolution. Could you get something lower-res instead? --UrsusArctos 15:44, 15 February 2008 (PST)
- Yes, I saw that and am already working on it. (One and two were also like that before I uploaded new vesrions.) They should be ready for use in the article shortly. --thewayneiac 18:50 EST Feb. 15, 2008
- PNG images don't display very well. --V 10:32, 16 February 2008 (PST)
- Do you mind if I delete the PNG images? Or would you like them to stay for something else?--UrsusArctos 08:31, 22 February 2008 (PST)
- No, they're redundant; they can go. --thewayneiac 20:23 EST. Feb. 22, 2008
You're a sysop now. ^_^. --UrsusArctos 17:55, 28 February 2008 (PST)
- Thank You. --thewayneiac 20:58 EST. Feb. 28, 2008.
Episode 02 uploading
Wayne, nold up on uploading episode 02 cuts. I'm working on those at the same time, and had planned to change the naming system to something different from the episode 02 cut pages. Sorry about the edit conflicts. ObsessiveMathsFreak 20:26, 26 April 2008 (PDT)
- Okay, I wasn't sure if I was doing it right anyway. --thewayneiac 23:30 EDT. April 26, 2008.
- Sorry about that. The naming system for the cut pages on the Episode #01 scenes was the result of an old and rather poor algorithm. The Cut cutXXX system was never intended to be a final product. I'll work on getting the bare bones of the scene pages up so you don't have to go through it all again. Never mind about the pages already edited. The system can handle some "orphan" pages in the background, so there's no need to delete them or anything. ObsessiveMathsFreak 20:53, 26 April 2008 (PDT)
I just about wrote this on every wrong place before getting here, but anyway: Shin/Misato business.
A while back I went through two threads on the Misato-Shinji business, and then I watched episode 25 over again (which was pretty much the deciding factor, the "clues" were obvious). Now I go by the interpretation that you supplied on the ep. 24 page. I was going to write up a big thing on it, where I would put all the information together from both sides (and I thought of something strange a long the way)...but I think I'll just let this rest. Sorry for creating a big fuss. I should have researched it before editing. --Oedipusfoot 19:55, 15 May 2009 (PDT)
- "I was going to write up a big thing on it, where I would put all the information together from both sides"
- We do need a page about the Misato-Shinji business, at some point or another. The idea you mention above actually sounds delicious. --Reichu 08:01, 16 May 2009 (PDT)
- But it would have to include a partial Misato analysis, wouldn't it? There would have to be backround: Misato + Father, Misato + father in Shinji, etc., then a transition to the reaching for the hand scene. Then a write-up on the different views, the proof, the verdict. Or is this too much? And then where to place the article comes up if all this Misato detail and Shinji detail is used. Oedipusfoot 18:26, 18 May 2009 (PDT)--
- "Misato + Father, Misato + father in Shinji, etc., then a transition to the reaching for the hand scene. Then a write-up on the different views, the proof, the verdict. Or is this too much?" - I think that's fine, as long as you separate these sections out and it's in the "Theory and Analysis" namespace. If they're in separate subsections (quartered off by the "=" signs) then future articles can link directly to that specific subsection. --Ornette 22:06, 18 May 2009 (PDT)