Talk:Evangelion Ranged Weapons
Whatever gun Asuka was using against Israfel, it does only a fraction of the damage done by the similar weapon seen in Episode 22. I assume it's more of something that looks like the "20x" version seen in Episode 06. (Notice that Asuka needs the targeting visor to place the "20x" version on Arael). Israfel is one of the weaker Angels, a positron gun should have been able to hurt him very badly.
As an aside, the Positron Sniper Rifle Eva-00 uses is not the same weapon that is used to shoot Ramiel. This weapon has certain visual differences, like a large cylindrical drum on top of it, and it is also operating at a much lower power level- they didn't announce a power blackout all over Japan to deal with Arael, did they?
I have to check, but I'm sure Eva-00 used a pallet rifle in Episode 18. --UrsusArctos 21:23, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yeah, you're right, it's a Pallet Rifle. I'm on crack.
- The positron rifle stuff is an enormous mess. Everything I have on them (including their designations) is covered in thick layers of kanji. This is really making me want to get my Asian OCR software working...
- Also, feel free to go beyond the "get this shit down really quickly" format I used to start the page. Gatling gun needs to be added to "Other", as well. --Reichu 21:40, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- Do you mean the gun being turned on Shamshel in the Rebuild trailer, or something from another source? --UrsusArctos 21:48, 20 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yup. I added it, in any event. --Reichu 21:59, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
- There's another image of it from a new Youtube video- 44 seconds, with beautiful world. Pity the picture quality is crap. Sachiel uses his X-blast weapon, and its pretty clear now that Rebuild's Positron Rifle is a whole new thing.--UrsusArctos 22:28, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
- If I knew how to tell guns apart I could have figured that out earlier... Voila, my hard drive vomits up delicious content once again!
- Production drawing / Revoltech model
- The grotesquely long Official Designation of the new p.r. is "SSDF Technological Research Headquarters' Large-Scale Output Model 2nd Prototype Self-Propelled 460mm Positron Cannon" (but don't worry -- it's still a "POJITORON RAIFURU", too). Boy, I'm glad I already had that goddamn thing translated. --Reichu 22:59, 21 August 2007 (EDT)
Cody: be my guest, let's get this place cleaned up. ---soul.assassin 00:38, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
V: "are you sure "hand bazooka" and "bazooka" weren't the same thing?"
- Oh yeah, now I see they are different. --V 22:01, 21 August 2007 (EDT)