Talk:Entry Plug

From EvaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Is the page "Entry Plug", or can we change it to "Entry plug"? The former means that the thing is treated as a Proper Noun, which I don't think serves any particular purpose. It's not like a Game Boy or something. --Reichu 13:41, 17 August 2007 (EDT)

Stop Signal Plug? Wasn't there discussion about this already (somewhere?). The plat script says Signal terminator plug. --Ornette 19:19, 26 February 2008 (PST)

Yeah that's what I thought. Or at least the more translated "Termatination Signal Plug" name I saw Reichu using. --V 19:55, 26 February 2008 (PST)
Reichu considered "Stop Signal Plug" a moderately more fluent translation, which is why I made the change. It's in here- Talk:Termination_Signal_Plug. Of course, if I turn out to be behind the times on this one, I'll change it. --UrsusArctos 22:53, 26 February 2008 (PST)
OK, From the old Talk: This doesn't need its own article. Should be merged into something else. Also, a moderately more fluent translation is "stop signal plug". --Reichu 12:46, 24 December 2007 (PST), this is fine for me, but it does sound a bit strange thinking that I've never seen it called that before. So a quick forum Search:
For: signal terminator plug (used in plat subs): Zug's post, Puga's post, followed by a quote from plat subs
For: termination signal plug: Reichu's post from Ep02 Commentary
For: stop signal plug: Reichu's post from 2005

As far as I'm concerned, Termination/Terminator/Stop mean the same thing. But from a technical point of view, specifically in electronics and computers, I have sockets that require a terminator plug, like in the old Token Ring networks, the end of the transmission line needs a terminator, or specifically A device that provides electrical resistance at the end of a transmission line. Its function is to absorb signals on the line, thereby keeping them from bouncing back and being received again by the network.. Old SCSI cables need terminators, in fact, simply check google for the many uses of the term terminator plug or even signal terminator plug. Now, if the goal here is to separate any connotations of the real world term Signal Terminator Plug, with what it actually is in the show, then that's fine and I'm fine with the name Stop Signal Plug, since google only returns results for that that are NGE related. But if the name itself is supposed to be descriptive of it's purpose in the show, then I think using the correct term is important. --Ornette 00:41, 27 February 2008 (PST)
Hmmm. You have a point there. Apart from the platinum subs, does any source use the (English) term "Termination/Terminator Signal Plug"?--UrsusArctos 03:05, 27 February 2008 (PST)