Have some (or possibly "way too much") free time and interested in helping out our noble efforts? No problem! We have plenty of things we need all manner of geeky grunties to do! Here are some of the currently open "positions":
- Translator: We need people who know Japanese, know their Eva, and are willing to translate NGE stuff. So very, very much needs translating, it is simply painful. Please. Help.
- MediaWiki Wizard: This would entail knowing MediaWiki pretty darn well, and being able to invoke all sorts of magic that would make this website totally awesome.
- Art Director: Basically for the graphic design / illustrator type. It requires the sort of inspiration and vision that Reichu wishes she still had. The Art Director would furnish for the site a logo and a look, and be in charge of graphics in general.
- Librarian: This one is sort of difficult to explain, but it involves scrummaging together, organizing, and providing NGE resources to the FGP minions. The means would be provided. This job has the badassedly anal, meticulous types in mind. Having at least a basal knowledge of Japanese is nearly mandatory.
- Source Nazi: Sources (in other words, citations) are very, very important. The Source Nazi would be in charge of checking pages to make sure they have the appropriate citations. And, if they are missing, pull out that sniffer and hunt those bitches down!
- Scribe-Minion: We need Wiki-editors (specifically for this), but registration is everything but open -- Wikipedia this is not. Tell us what you think you have to offer, and you shall be considered. (Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.)
- Photoshop Whore: Okay, it doesn't really matter if one uses Photoshop specifically, but this one is for anyone insane enough to spend unholy amounts of time in an image program optimizing an unholy number of screenshots for the computer screen. If such a person actually exists. This is a "not high priority at all, but would be nice" thing.
- Commentator: .........Just kidding. But so many people "volunteer" themselves for the commentary that it simply needs to be said: Posting comments in the various threads is not exactly "work", in that it requires very little effort compared to the inordinate amount required to make the actual commentary pages and deal with all of the comments people generate to fill them. ...Ye ken?
- That said, positions for "poor suckers who want to do the behind-the-scenes commentary stuff" will open in due time. Watch this space.
If you are interested, please sign up at the forum and request a Wiki account in this thread. (A lot to go through, but the forum is our primary communication tool and a more streamlined Wiki-Forum interface isn't possible right now.) But, to reiterate: Do not volunteer unless you actually have time to invest and you are willing to make a commitment. Otherwise, there's not much point.
Additionally, do not ask for an account if your sole intention is to create a user page and upload personal files to our webspace. At one point, editors were allowed to create user pages at the onset, but the problem of "all user page and no contributions" became pervasive enough that one must now earn a user page.